What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, component settings) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Unfortunately, in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
Cookies are used to improve your user experience.
- in most cases, cookies allow to recognize your device and properly display and personalize the website to your needs,
- creating analytics helps to understand how you use a site and ways that the owner can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so the owner can continue to produce engaging content,
- cookies that remember when you are logged in. This prevents you from having to log in every single time you visit a new page. These cookies are typically removed or cleared when you log out to ensure that you can only access restricted features and areas when logged in,
- the behavioural advertising cookies are designed to ensure that you are provided with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website and using its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access the content,
- cookies used for security purposes,
- from time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most,
- functionality cookies let us operate the site in accordance with the choices you make. For example, we will recognize your username and remember how you customized the site during future visits.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site.
Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Cookies can be stored on your mobile or desktop device, and then used by third-party companies.
If you have any question regarding the cookies that we use, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org